BASIC Lesson 8: Around the city
*Use o LinguaLeo no navegador para ver a tradução das palavras.
How to get there:
In the City
Brighton Museum is situated in the heart of Brighton’s city centre cultural quarter, close to the Lanes and North Laine shopping areas and only five minutes walk from the sea. The entrance is in the Royal Pavilion Gardens.
From Brighton Rail Station
Brighton Museum is just a 15 minute walk.
From Pool Valley Coach Station
Brighton Museum is just a five minute walk.
National Express coaches arrive here from London and major London airports.
There are bus stops (for local buses) just outside Brighton Museum on Old Steine. All local buses travelling into the city stop in North Street, just a five minute walk away.
Brighton and the surrounding areas are perfect for cycling. Cycling in Brighton & Hove is quick, easy and enjoyable and the city is now part of the National Cycle Network. Brighton Museum is on Cycle Route 2 and the nearest bike racks are located on New Road, Church Street and Pavilion Buildings.
There are no on-site parking facilities in the Royal Pavilion grounds and parking around Brighton Museum and in the city is limited.
There is all day pay and display parking available along Madeira Drive (between Brighton Pier and the Marina) up to 20 minutes walk from Brighton Museum.
There are city centre car parks and NCP car parks close to Brighton Museum.
A Park and Ride service is available from Withdean Stadium in the north of the city. It is signposted from the A23 and enables you to park your car and catch a bus to Brighton Museum.
Visit London with these amazing pictures
What do you like in your city? Think about these points:
- How big is your city
- What are your favorite places to go shopping?
- What places are good for leisure?
- What places are interesting for tourists?
- Are there any historical places?
- Are there preserved natural areas?
- What about the cultural life?
- What is your opinion about your city?
- What is missing in your city?
- What are the good and bad aspects of living there?
Visit some touristic sites and check how they present the places.
Now make a folder for your city:
Places to visit
A little of history
Where to stay
Prepositions for place and time
- at, in, on – Prepositions in expressions of time – Exercise
- Gerund after prepositions – Exercise
- Prepositions – at, in, on – Test
- Prepositions English – Mixed Exercise 1
- Prepositions English – Mixed Exercise 2
- Prepositions English – Mixed Exercise 3
- Prepositions English – Mixed Exercise 4
- Prepositions English – Mixed Exercise 5
- Prepositions in English sentences – Exercise
- Prepositions of place, direction and time – Exercise
Deseja que um professor corrija as atividades que você fez sobre esta lição? Clique no botão a baixo, assim que o pagamento for confirmado você receberá o link para enviar seu material para correção e tirar dúvidas.