BASIC Lesson 5: Do you like it?
*Use o LinguaLeo no navegador para ver a tradução das palavras.
A day with teacher Daniele Krauz
Teacher Daniele tells about a normal week of working and studying.
Is your week similar to hers?
I usually have busy days, when I don’t have many classes I study or work in the computer. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the classes days, I teach English, Spanish and arts. I have classes from morning to night to children and adults, groups and VIP.
I wake up at 7:40 a.m., but I normally get up at 8 o’clock. Before having breakfast I have a shower, than I start working. At 12 o’clock I have my lunch, sometimes I have activities until 12 o’clock. After having lunch I return immediately to work. At 4 or 5 o’clock in the evening I make a sandwich for a snack. I have dinner at 8 o’clock. I sometimes meet friends after school to talk, watch a movie or a show on TV. I don’t watch TV at night. Before going to bed I sometimes read a book. I don’t go to bed before 11 o’clock.
Mondays and Wednesdays are a little different. I go to singing lessons and sing on the choir. I go to the singing lessons in
the afternoon, I study lyric singing. I always go by bus because I start my lessons at 1:30. These days I often go to stores and banks too. After that I practice some songs with a friend to sing solos and study German. In the evening I meet the choir, we frequently sing in events on Saturdays. On Fridays I teach in a primary school in the morning and in the afternoon.
My only free day is Sunday, than I read, meet my friends, watch movies, visit my grandparents, or stay home to rest.
Do you do different activities every day?
Adverbs of frequency.
|I always go to school on foot.
My friends sometimes go by bike.
I am never home before 1:30.
You are frequently late!
She is often tired.
Adverbs of time.
| I go to school on foot every day.
On Fridays my friends go by bike.
I am home before 2 o’clock on Saturdays .
Every day you are late!
| I wake up at 7:40 a.m., but I normally get up
at 8 o’clock.
|| Before having dinner, I do my homework.
After I have dinner I watch TV, and after
that, at 11 o’clock, I finally go to bed.
Answer this questionnaire:
1. Do you go to school by bus?
A) Yes, I do. B) No, I don’t.
2. How often do practice sports?
A) Often B) Rarely
3. Do you have a good breakfast every day?
A) Yes, I do. B) No, I don’t.
4. Do you have lunch at home?
A) Yes, I do. B) No, I don’t
5. How often do you study English?
A) Every day. B) Twice a week.
Give complete answers
E.g.: Do you play sports at school?
No, I don’t. I play sports at the club.
How often do you play sports?
I play soccer once a week, every Tuesday.
1. Do you watch TV before dinner?
2. How often do you listen to music?
3. How often do you study geography?
4. Do you wake up with an alarm clock?
5. How often do you have dinner?
6. Do you get up early?
7. How often do you walk to school?
Do you wanna dance? Song in three different styles for you to practice.
Why? A romantic and beautiful song by 3T and Michael Jackson.
- Ending -s in the Simple Present — Crossword 1
- Ending -s in the Simple Present — Crossword 2
- Positive statements in the Simple Present — Exercise 1
- Positive statements in the Simple Present — Exercise 2
- do, does — Questions — Exercise 1
- do, does — Questions — Exercise 2
- don’t have to, doesn’t have to — Exercise
- Negations in the Simple Present — Exercise 1
- Negations in the Simple Present, don’t or doesn’t — Exercise 2
- Questions in the Simple Present — Exercise 1
- Questions in the Simple Present — Exercise 2
- Questions with do or does — Exercise 1
- Questions with do or does — Exercise 2
- Short answers to questions with have
Deseja que um professor corrija as atividades que você fez sobre esta lição? Clique no botão a baixo, assim que o pagamento for confirmado você receberá o link para enviar seu material para correção e tirar dúvidas.